Last Saturday was probably the best Saturday I have had in a long time. I went to bed early the night before, slept in until my “natural” wakeup time, and actually felt refreshed. For breakfast, I made COOKIES! And to top it off, I went for a six mile run.
Let’s focus in on the most important part, though… the cookies. I love to eat, and especially dessert. One of the hardest things for me when following a healthy lifestyle (okay, diet) is giving up sweets. Luckily, with the help of some fellow instagrammers and some creativity with their recipe, I was able to partake in baking some delectable cookies that I don’t even feel guilty about eating for breakfast.
Try my recipe out for yourself, below.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons PB2 (mixed)
- 2T coconut oil (semi melted in microwave)
- 2T local honey
- 1/3 Cup almond milk
- 2 bananas, blended in food processor
- Dash (half cap-ish) vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oat
- Chocolate Chips
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2ish Tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Form into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheet. I covered my baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cook between 15-20 minutes depending on the final chewiness/crunchiness you prefer. I prefer chewy so I did 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container. Or just inhale half the batch immediately like I did (not recommended).
Hope you enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow me on instagram @healthi_hanni for more recipes and healthy ideas!