If you know me in real life you would know that 1. I hate salad dressing; and 2. I love avocados. But on this weekend’s Whole Foods run, I found these two combined into one $7 bottle, and I ALMOST bought it, almost.
Instead, I decided to the ingredients separately and make up my own concoction.
Here’s what you need for a small serving:
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- Fresh juice of 1 lime
- Splash sweet white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic (I used the pre-minced/chopped kind in the little jars)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix your ingredients in a small bowl or very small tupperware container if you want to save it in the fridge for later. I saved mine in Gladware with interlocking lids and it was just as fresh today (Wedsneday) as when I made it on Sunday.
Now, lets get to the salad I put this “dressing” on.
Combine for salad:
- ~ 3 cups Organic Girl Baby Kale (Okay… use whatever brand you like, but make sure it is organic and BABY kale – trust me it is WAY better tasting than full grown kale)
- As many cut baby bell peppers as you like (I used the orange, red, and yellow variety pack from Whole Foods, also available at Kroger and Publix)
- 1/2 cup unsalted cooked black beans, drained and rinsed (just buy the boxed kind from Whole Foods or Kroger and save yourself some time)
- Sprinkle pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
Add your dressing on the side or mix it in and enjoy!