Ice cream Sundaes? Who needs those cows’-milk laden fatty desserts when you can have Nice cream, instead?
Today I made a berry-spinach nice cream and topped it with a few not-too-unhealthy toppings I found in my kitchen pantry. Now, I’m going to share the recipe with you!
What you need:
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- Handful frozen pineapple chunks
- Handful frozen blueberries
- Handful fresh organic strawberries (though I’m sure frozen would work just fine)
- Splash unsweetened vanilla almond milk (OR unsweetened soy, cashew, etc.)
- Handful ice cubes
What to do:
- Combine in blender
- Keep adding ice cubes until you reach your desired consistency
- Allow to sit in freezer for ~30 minutes if you want it to “firm up” or consume immediately if you prefer a more melty consistency
- Top with vegan chocolate chips, goji berries, coconut shreds or toppings of your choice