Since moving to the almost-suburbs, I’ve had major grocery store withdrawals. As a pesce-vegetarian who eats plant-based (veggies, veggies and more veggies) and prefers organic, I usually get the majority of my produce from a local co-cop and hit the grocery for pantry and freezer items and fruit, but my options out here have been limited. Recently I made the trek into Buckhead to visit Trader Joe’s and stock up on some necessities and grabbed a few new items to try, too.
I love TJ’s because not only do they have a bunch of fresh, organic produce, it’s sooo affordable. Today I’m sharing some of my plant-based favorites (most of which are #whole30approved) – the criteria to get on this list was simple:
- Must be vegetarian
- Must not have added sugar
- Must be gluten free
Here’s what I recommend checking out…
1. Dried Broccoli Florets. These seemed new and different so I just had to try them!
2. I also purchased beet hummus and these are awesome to dip in it!
5 & 6. Black bean pasta (middle) and Hemp Seed. I’ve heard rave reviews about this pasta, whose sole ingredient is black bean flour, and can’t wait to figure out the perfect recipe to share using it. As for the Hemp, I’ve been interested in hemp protein for a while and this is by far the cheapest I’ve ever seen it, so had to snatch it up to try!
8. RX bars in pumpkin and blueberry. While the price is STEEP to me at $2.99 a bar, I love how clean these actually are. I tried the both flavors already and they were pretty tasty! **Luckily I ate both before starting my 10 day vegan “cleanse” because these are definitely NOT vegan**
10. Vegan Mozzarella. I attempted a traditional veggie pizza with this cheeze, and it really did melt. You can definitely tell it’s fake, but it does the trick.