Inspired by one of my favorite Instagrammers, I decided to make a vegan version of broth soup. Not only is it a great way to warm up the body after a day of drinking only juice, it’s low calorie, too.
Here’s what you need:
- Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
Now here’s the recipe:
- Heat up a serving of vegetable broth in a medium saucepan – you can add a little filtered water if you like here
- Shred a small (~1/2 to 1 in based on taste preference) piece of turmeric using the small side of a cheese grater and add to saucepan
- Add 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Mix in cilantro – I only had dried on hand but fresh would be best
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime into your saucepan
Word of advice on the turmeric, clean everything it touches immediately. It stains like CRAZY!