I’ve always been salsa-obsessed. As a kid my mom would pack me chips and salsa in my lunch box instead of sandwiches. Spicy, tangy, chunky, pico-style, you-name-it, it’s always been a favorite of mine…
but it wasn’t until I got a vegetable chopper for Christmas that I started exploring all kinds of flavor combinations I could make fresh in my own kitchen. If you don’t already have a chopper, do yourself a favor and buy this one I have and love to save A LOT of time on this recipe.
Once you have your chopper, you can get started on the perfect pepper-based salsa that pairs well with anything from tacos to sweet potatoes to salads.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large onion
- 3/4 package of grape tomatoes
- Cilantro – you can use fresh or 3 frozen Dorot cubes
- ACV – I use Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and Pepper
- Use the chopper to dice the peppers, onion, and tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- In your blender or food processor, blend ~1-2 tbsp ACV, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Pour the cilantro vinaigrette you just made over the veggies and mix again until well combined.
- Enjoy on tacos, potatoes, or alone!